St. Croix Rods Releases the Ultimate Kayak Rod
The Legendary St. Croix rod company known for making the “best rods on earth” just introduced their new Mojo Yak at ICAST 2018—a rod specifically designed for kayakers.
Proudly made in the in Park Falls, Wisconsin, the Mojo Yak is the perfect rod for tight spaces. Effortlessly switch from your paddle to your rod and cast.
The rod has an Integrated Poly Curve matted with a premium, high-modulus SCIII Graphite giving it the power to cast in tight situations, like from a Kayak.
The rod has been shortened without hurting the performance. The shortened fighting butt allows anglers to easily move the rod in tight spaces. The Winn Grip technology provides enough tackiness to keep the rod from slipping out of your hand when it’s wet.
The rod has been reinforced at the tip to provide incredible strength to prevent potential brakes from high sticking.
This specialty rod comes in 8 models, 6 spinning and 2 casting.
- Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) manrel technology
- Premium, high modulus SCIII graphite
- Kigan Master Hand 3d Guides with slim, strong, aluminum-oxide rights and black frames
- Fuji DPS reel seat with black hoods on spinning models
- Fuji ECS reel seat with black hoods on casting models
- Custom Winn split-grip handle
- Kigan hook-keeper
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
Come check out CB’s Saltwater Outfitters and look at our new St. Croix Mojo Yak!
Introducing the Largest Fishing Competition In Florida!!!
Don’t miss this opportunity to register now for the 2018 CCA Florida STAR event and your chance to be one of the winners of over $500,000 in prizes and scholarships!
Your $40 registration fee allows you to fish from May 26th thru September 3rd, 2018. That’s 100 days of fishing and a shot to win one of over $500,000 in prizes and scholarships!
Did you know if you are registered for the 2018 Florida STAR and you...
- Catch a 2015, 2016, or 2017 Florida STAR tagged redfish, you’re eligible to win a $1,000 Engel Cooler Prize Package
- Are the first registered 2018 tagged redfish winner, you may choose a Conley GMC Sierra Pickup or one of these Yamaha powered boat packages; Contender 22 Sport, Pathfinder 2200TRS, Hewes Redfisher, the Carolina Skiff 21 Ultra, or Cottonmouth Boat
- Land the first tagged dolphin you win $10,000 cash (New this year!)
- Target species including trout, snook, non-tagged redfish, dolphin, kingfish, tarpon, ladyfish, jack crevalle, sheepshead and lionfish, you could win big
Orvis introduces the world’s most accurate fly rod, the Helios 3
The Helios 3 is developed from the ground up with new materials in tip section, new tapering, and new ways of laying up the graphite to make it the most accurate fly rod on the market.
After the highly successful Helios and Helios 2, the Helios 3 is the first rod designed for accuracy! Place the fly exactly where you want it.
The Helios 3 is “accurate from anywhere” whether you’re chasing schools of redfish on the flats or trout fishing dry flies in a stream. The Helios 3 comes in two different flavors, the “D” for distance casting, and “F” for finesse.
The Helios “3F” is every dry fly trout fisherman’s dream. The “3F” has the traditional feel and finesse of most fly rods; however it is enhanced for accuracy.
In fly fishing, success can be measured in inches. The Helios 3D is made for distance, and perfect for laying over larger flies more accurately.
Proudly made in the USA, the Orvis Helios 3 has a 25-year warranty and comes in a rod tube and a protective sock.
- Matte Storm blank
- Reel seat is type III anodized aluminum Midnight black w/ Matte Storm carbon insert
- Green accent wrap
- Black/gray main wraps
- REC recoil snake guides
- Sic/titanium stripping guides
- Aluminum rod tube made in USA
Come in and cast the most accurate fly rod today!
Introducing the SAGE SALT HD
The Sage Salt HD won “best of show” at ICAST 2017. Proudly made in the USA, the Salt HD features Konnetic HD Technology from the successful “X” rod for a strong, slim, ultra light rod that helps reduce fatigue and cut through the wind.
Offering more pulling power than standard fast action saltwater rods, the Salt allows anglers to target fast saltwater species with quick shots and even quicker second shots.
|Salt HD Specs:|
Reach the fish further, quicker, with lighter presentations.
- KonneticHD Technology
- Squid Ink blank color
- Black thread wraps with Blue trim wraps
- Oversized Ceramic Fuji stripper guides
- Hard Chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy-Duty Stealth Black anodized aluminum reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper
- Laser etched line weight on side band
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black rod bag with Blue logo and model tag
- Blue powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
Stop by CB’s Outfitters for all your Sarasota fly fishing needs!
CB’s is proud to support grassroots advocacy for our nation’s 46 Million Anglers, and we hope you will, too.
There’s a lot of politics in fishing. No really, there is. From bans on your tackle to the creation of no-fishing zones, our nation’s pastime is often under threat of being over-regulated, or worse, being completely taken away.
Through policy, science and conservation, the Government Affairs team of the American Sportfishing Association works to minimize access restrictions, promote clean waters and restore fish populations.
Anglers could fish any water on the west coast of Florida using flies only in a catch, digital photo, release format fishing tournament for reds, trout, snook and more. All fish were photographed and immediately released.
New this year were a Grand Champion Runner Up award in the Open division and 5th place award in the Fly Angler division. Winners of each division were awarded Orvis Recon fly rod outfits and handsome plaques. Other winners also received a plaque and donated gift certificates. The event also featured an upscale raffle and a silent auction.
A special thanks to donors to the event; Orvis, CB’s Saltwater Outfitters, Economy Tackle, Chouinard Outdoor Associates/Simms & Umpqua, Andy Thornal Company, Fishing Bandit, The Compound, West Wall Outfitters, New Pass Grill and Bait Shop, Doug Forde, Temple Fork Outfitters (TFO) and Saltflys.com (Craig Smothers). Without them the tournament wouldn’t be possible, so please support them whenever you can.